Islamiyat for Secondary Classes is a continuation of the series Islamiyat for Primary Classes, by the same author, and is based on the National Curriculum 2006.
Written for students in English medium schools, the colourfully illustrated series provides interesting, interactive information on Islam and its teachings. Along with essential recitation and reading of the Qur'an, it highlights the basic Islamic principles of faith and ibadat.
The book also provides historic and inspirational glimpses into the life of the Prophet Muhammad^and his companions when they were building the Muslim nation. It also contains short biographical sketches of important personalities in Islam and engrossing stories from the Qur'an.
• the use of simple language and a fluent narrative style
• colourful illustrations and pictures to assist learning
• quick questions to maintain student interest throughout the lesson
• comprehension exercises at the end of each chapter
• information boxes which summarize pertinent facts about Islam and its teachings
• a comprehensive list of learning objectives and outcomes to guide and support lesson planning
Islamiyat for Primary classes: Books 1-5 Islamiyat for Secondary classes: Books 6-8
Stories from the Qur'an and Ten Stories from Islam, published by OUP are recommended as supplementary reading.
About the author:
Sajeda Zaidi is an educational consultant, journalist, writer, and a senior programme producer for television. She holds a Master's degree in English Literature and a degree in Education. Widely travelled, she has thirty years' experience of teaching in some of the most prestigious institutions in Karachi and Brunei. She has been an English teacher at the English Language Training Centre of the Imperial Iranian Air Force in Tehran and at the Pakistan Naval Academy in Manora.
Her other works include Stories from the Qur'an and Islamiyat for Primary Classes, also published by Oxford University Press.